Practice plans for coaches provided by MYSA – follow this link
Online Coaches training classes:
F License U8 click here
The “F” license is a 2-hour course, conducted entirely online, intended for all parents and coaches of youth players. The focus of this grassroots course is to share U.S. Soccer’s best practices in creating a fun, activity-centered and age-appropriate environment for 5-8 year old players.
E License U12 click here:
- Develop the core coaching competencies necessary to effectively teach the 9-12 year old athlete and team.
For coaches –
1. Coaches will need to move goals/flags between games, especially with the varsity field renovations, please plan to arrive to home games early to arrange field.
2. RYS needs help lining the fields – please volunteer if you can help.
3. CORI Checks – Must specify Rockport Youth Soccer, parents CANNOT assist practices and/or games without a CORI
We welcome both experienced and first time coaches to Rockport Youth Soccer. If you join RYS as a coach, please be assured that you will be supported in your efforts.
The web is full of great soccer training materials for coaches. Go to our links page for a complete list of training materials. Click here MYSA Coach Plans U8 to U18 for a comprehensive practice schedule developed by Mass Youth Soccer. Here is the MYSA calendar to upcoming trainings: Links to upcoming MYSA coach training
1) Concussion in Youth Sports:
A) Essex County Youth Soccer Association and Rockport Youth Soccer follow an action plan around the signs and symptoms of Concussion. Please follow this link for this action plan, as established by the US Center for Disease Control and Prevention.
B) Follow this link to read or print materials
C) If coaches suspect that a player has a concussion, they should take the following steps:
1) Remove athlete from play.
2) Ensure athlete is evaluated by an appropriate health care professional. They should not try to judge the seriousness of the injury themselves.
3) Inform athlete’s parents or guardians about the known or possible concussion and give them the fact sheet on concussions
4) Allow athlete to return to play ONLY with permission from an appropriate health care professional.
D) On-Line training is encouraged for assistant coaches and parents. Follow this link to take a free on-line concussion training.
2) Mass Youth Soccer Coaches Clinics:
3) Mass Youth Soccer Skills Training:
4) Group Meetings:
5) Assistant Coaches:
Coaches are encouraged to enlist an assistant coach. This helps when schedule conflicts arise. Assistant coaches are also valuable resources in running practices. In the Spring seasons, we encourage your asking a Varsity soccer player to help you. Let us know if you are interested and we will help facilitate this process.